The VA home loan program has serviced over 24 million home loans for veterans and active service members since its creation in 1944, part of the original Servicemen's Readjustment's Act, better known as the GI Bill of Rights.
A VA mortgage loan is a great option for a first time home buyers or repeat buyers that may have a lower income and/or a limited amount of money to put down.
Some of the benefits that can get you into the home of your dreams include:
· No down payment
· Higher debt-to-income (DTI) ratios are allowed
· FICO scores as low at 600
· No private mortgage insurance (PMI) required
· Limited closing costs (sellers can pay up to 4% in buyer’s concessions)
· Lower average interest rates than other loan types. VA loans continue to have the lowest average interest rates of all loan types.
The VA loan is one of the reason 79% of veterans own their own homes, compared with just 63% for the non-veteran population, according to Trulia.com
If you are interested in starting your home buying process, please give me a call. As a retired military member and full-time real estate I can help!